The Story Behind My Blog's Title

The Story Behind My Blog's Title
Why is my blog named "My Father's Oldsmobile"? Click on the car and find out.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Website

I want to let everyone know that Desert Breeze Publishing has offered me a contract for No Other. I've reviewed the terms and it's my intention to sign as soon as the hard copy arrives by mail. This is a young publishing house, but I've been very impressed with the quality of their books, their aggressiveness in marketing, and the relationship between the editors and authors. DBP has also expressed interest in publishing In All Things, the continuation of Jakob and Meri's story.

No Other is scheduled for release in May 2010, and In All Things tentative release is November of that same year. I'm excited, and a little nervous, but mostly excited. I'll keep you guys informed and let you know as soon as I put pen to paper. (Update: In All Things is under contract as well and its release IS scheduled for November. Hehe.)

Oh, and I have a website up. Please check it out and sign the guest book. I'd love to get some good discussions going on the forum too. At this stage they can be about anything...well almost anything.:) Here's the link.
http://shawnakwilliams.com/

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming by the blog. I look forward to reading some of your stuff. What age are you homeschooling? Have you always lived in AR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving me a sweet comment. :)
    I love reading other blogs who belong to Arkansans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering my giveaway & for following my blog.
    I enjoyed reading the background on the name of your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shawna,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
    site!! Amen & amen! :)

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page?

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog
    -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
    blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

    •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawna ~ I am a little late. It is September 4 and I just now know! Congrats! I can't wait for NOV. 2010 :)
    NO OTHER was always destined to be read by many!

    ReplyDelete


1970 Olds 442

Welcome!

If you're curious about the story behind the name of my blog, click on the car. :)