The Story Behind My Blog's Title

The Story Behind My Blog's Title
Why is my blog named "My Father's Oldsmobile"? Click on the car and find out.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Confession

Since I admitted to being an arrogant, slacker student in my last post, I decided to take this opportunity to make another confession. It has nothing to do with writing. It's just that Kat's comment has me taking a trip down memory lane, so I figure that I might as well share.

Before I start; Mom, if you're reading this, I'm really sorry. And Lexi, since I know you're going to read this, don't do it! Have respect for your teacher!(ME)

Okay, it's really not bad; just lazy. But...

I was a horrible student. I totally took advantage of my teachers. Especially during my senior year. My economics teacher in highschool also happened to be a football coach. It was pretty obvious that one of these duties was a passion, and the other, a chore. I realized early on that he didn't actually read our assignments. He just gave us credit for doing them. So, I used the opportunity to write jibberish just to see what I could get away with.

I remember one of the assignments was about the loan process, and I was supposed to describe the appropriate, professional way, to go about securing a loan. I wrote something along the lines of: "I'd look for a male loan officer, and approach him wearing professional, yet sexy attire. If he refused, then I'd pull the gun from my thigh holster and yell, 'Everybody hit the floor!"

I got an "A".

See. Harmless story. But now it's got me thinking of all the other stuff I wrote that the teacher never caught. I distinctly remember one time that I actually did write jibberish-kinda like this: binkyboo waddadaa golly poo jeepers dooda. Except I wrote it in really messy cursive, which I can't seem to help. (Thank you God for keyboards because my handwriting is atrocious) Anyhow, I got an "A" that time too.

In the scheme of life, it's no biggy, I guess. It's not like I snuck out my dad's truck and wrecked it or anything. Mom, tell Dad I'm still really sorry about that! Y'all still love me, right?

Lexi, do NOT tell your brother and sister. BEHAVE!

Wow, two posts within twelve hours. That's a first for me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! that's why I go to Vegas. What happens in Vegas. . .
    JK, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep the really bad stuff to myself. I've changed a lot since those days. But, they're kinda funny to remember. Well, some of them are.

    ReplyDelete


1970 Olds 442

Welcome!

If you're curious about the story behind the name of my blog, click on the car. :)