The Story Behind My Blog's Title

The Story Behind My Blog's Title
Why is my blog named "My Father's Oldsmobile"? Click on the car and find out.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Winner!

Being true to my my consistent state of tardiness, I'm posting this two days later than planned. The winner of the character/limerick contest is Gzusfreek. Congratualations!

His humor and his bad boy dare
If he approaches I am short of breath
My love for others dying a quick death
I’ve thought of him for a long time
Just how can I make this man mine?
Cupid hit my heart with his arrow
The angel, the man, the pirate Jack Sparrow



Great job! Now, let's all swoon for Jack Sparrow.

4 comments:

  1. I would say having your town hit by a tornado is a good excuse for tardiness :).

    Good poem, Gzusfreek! Love the last line especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! I'm so excited Jack Sparrow won! :) Shawna, thank you, this was such a fun post! Thanks Kat!

    How's the clean up? Are many hurting? Still praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Finland

    I have a oldsmobile just like your fathers and is about to do a paint job, So, is it possible to get the paint code? Because the color of your fathers 442 is about the nicest I have seen on an olds,
    Please contact me on email: willafinnasboda@jippii.fi

    kind regards
    Franz Nyman
    Bennäs Finland

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Ok, I assume that "your fathers oldsmobile" isn´t the car in the picture he he he :)
    Sorry.. I didn´t read your story before I sent you the first message, but anyhow, if you happend to know who the owner is please tell me

    kind regards

    Franz Myman

    ReplyDelete


1970 Olds 442

Welcome!

If you're curious about the story behind the name of my blog, click on the car. :)