The Story Behind My Blog's Title

The Story Behind My Blog's Title
Why is my blog named "My Father's Oldsmobile"? Click on the car and find out.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Book Review: Freeheads by Kerry Nietz




*****+

When I got this book to read, I didn’t realize it was actually the last book in a trilogy. The author did a great job of filling in enough detail that I never felt lost or had a hard time picking up with the story. I do, however, recommend reading the books in order since that’s how the author intended the story to be told.
                                       
But WOW! What can I say? I read a lot. I find a lot of books I enjoy, and I’m not stingy with my five star reviews, but books like this make me consider that maybe I need to be, because books such as this really belong in a different category all together. From the beginning of the story I was enthralled with Kerry Nietz vision of the future. Sometimes I was a little terrified. So many of the issues -- faith vs indoctrination, freedom vs control, truth vs deceit -- are utterly relevant for today, and even serve as a warning when we consider where our future may lead. While the setting was a little different, it was easy to envision how technology, such as iPhones and the global network, could evolve into the ability to directly stream information via a chip implanted within the brain.

This story is both captivating and thought provoking, with characters who gripped me from beginning to end. The action is fast-paced and the plot is wrought with tension; yet there are tender moments that allow the reader to experience new emotions, new lines of reasoning and discovery right along with Sandfly. Amongst the turmoil and chaos of Sandfly’s world, we find beauty. I could gush for another couple of pages but I think you get the point. I absolutely loved this book and am loving the series as I read it now. I’ve been enthusiastically recommending it and will continue to do so. I even bought the series for my mom! Freeheads , and the entire Dark Trench trilogy is a definite must read. The story will stay with you in unexpected ways long after you’ve put the book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment


1970 Olds 442

Welcome!

If you're curious about the story behind the name of my blog, click on the car. :)