The Story Behind My Blog's Title

The Story Behind My Blog's Title
Why is my blog named "My Father's Oldsmobile"? Click on the car and find out.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Here's the Challenge

Limericks, four to eight lines about any of the following characters. Winner gets a $5 Amazon gift card emailed to their address.

1.Captain Jack Sparrow
2. Hillary Clinton
3. Prince Caspian
4. Hannah Montana
5. Captain Kirk
6. The Joker
7. Lassie
8. Spock
9. Britney Spears
10. Buggs Bunny
11. Sylvester
12. Elmer Fud
13. Gimly, Aragorn, and Legolas; all together.
14. Ducky (Pretty in Pink)
15. Edward and Bella
16. Lucy and Ethel
17. Any old Moonlighting fans out there? David and Maddie
18. Can't have Kirk and Spock and not have McCoy.
19. Also Scotty
20. Yoda

Entries can be funny, serious, complimentary, or insulting; just not vulgar. And no profanity--cuz I know that's such an issue with you guys. (Kidding, of course, better to be clear though.)

I will run this for two weeks. You may make as many entries as your brain allows.

Next week I'll try to post something useful.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs. Shawna Williams! My name is Candy. I heard about this contest from Lexi. (: I love writing, so I'm going to try this contest, even if it means that I won't win. I hope you have as much fun reading them as I did writing them!

    Sincerely,
    Candice P. Smith
    www.lovepearl4ever.blogspot.com

    P.S. I wrote two contest entries because it was so fun writing the first one!
    ---
    BELLA + HER VAMPIRE FELLA'

    There was a girl named Bella,
    who met a mighty fine 'fella.

    She was a very pretty gal,
    who didn't have to wear L'oreal.

    Edward was the guy she had a crush on,
    who was better than a pawn.

    She didn't know until later,
    that Edward wasn't your regular skater.

    He was actually a handsome immortal,
    who would take her to a whole, new portal.

    ---
    THIS GIRL NAMED BRITNEY

    There once was a girl named Britney Spears,
    who drove her family to tears!

    She was once a pretty innocent girl,
    complete with golden-blond curls.

    But then she ruined her career...
    at least it would appear.

    She was a bad example for her little sister...
    Who slept with another mister!

    One day Britney shaved her head bald,
    and everyone was appalled!

    But at least her hair grew back.
    Too bad her life's still not on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT CANDY! And you never know.
    I saw on your blog that you want to write YA Fantasy. I have a link to Kat's Musings under 'blogs I follow'. She is a writer friend of mine, and she writes YA Fantasy. She's also very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! (: Actually, it's YA Fiction. Hahaha... Are you a published author too? It's great to be able to come to authors online for advice. I'm probably going to come to you for writing advice now! Tee-hee. [:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just short stories. I'm working on a novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. k-I'm up for the challenge. . . don't laugh:)
    The eyeliner and the dreadlocks in his hair
    His humor and his bad boy dare
    If he approaches I am short of breath
    My love for others dying a quick death
    I’ve thought of him for a long time
    Just how can I make this man mine?
    Cupid hit my heart with his arrow
    The angel, the man, the pirate Jack Sparrow

    ReplyDelete


1970 Olds 442

Welcome!

If you're curious about the story behind the name of my blog, click on the car. :)